Holy Water Usage
How to use Jordan River Holy Water, Olive Oil and Frankincense (For External Use Only)
During our life time there is a great blessing next to us found in the Holy Water. It is a form of God grace; it cleanses us from spiritual uncleanliness, sanctifies and strengthens us in our salvation in God, and prepares us to receive the sacraments. With our sins forgiven, our Baptism remembered, and with God s blessing we are ready to receive the grace of the sacraments. Once you receive your very own Holy Water from the same River where our Lord Jesus was Baptized, you will know why it is deemed Holy. For countless reasons, Believers seek to receive the Holy Water, brought to you directly from the sacred River Jordan. The Holy Water is a cure for mind body and soul and gives infinite blessings for yourself and loved ones.
Our Peace River Jordan Holy Water is bottled and is a powerful sacramental to be used daily. Keep your soul beautiful in Gods sight by making the cross carefully and saying, By this Holy Water and by Thy precious blood wash away all of my sins O Lord. Holy Water has the power to forgive venial sins. When we turn to God and remember our Baptism, in which we vowed to reject sin, our sins are forgiven and we are renewed.
Our repentance of sin is symbolized with the use of Holy Water and is reflected in Psalm 50. Have mercy on me O God, in your goodness in the greatest of your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me. Cleanse me of my sin with hyssop that I may be purified; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
How to Use Jordan River Holy Water
1. Bless yourself – This suggestion is obvious, but if we are only blessing ourselves with holy water on Sunday, then arent we missing out on the rest of the week? You can never have too much grace or blessing in your life. Use holy water daily. Keeping a holy water font in the home is a great idea so that you, your family, and guests can be blessed in the comings and goings from your home. Keep the font right by the front door to ensure you never leave home without it.
2. Bless your house – If you haven t taken the time to bless your house with holy water, then no time is better than the present. Your home is the domestic Church and is in need of spiritual protection. You can sprinkle holy water in your home yourself, or have a priest formally bless your home using holy water as part of a blessing ceremony.
3. Bless your family – Use holy water to pray and make the Sign of the Cross over your spouse and children before they go to sleep at night. Bonding the family to each other and to God in this way is a great family tradition to adopt. Keep a holy water bottle by the bedside for this purpose.
4. Bless your work space – If you work outside of the home, sprinkling your work space with holy water is a great idea, not only for spiritual protection on the work front, but also as to sanctify your daily work for the glory of God.
5. Bless your car – The car is probably the most dangerous place where you spend a significant amount of time daily. Never underestimate the power of holy water applied to your vehicle to keep you safe from harm s way, when used in faith and trust in God.
6. Bless your garden – It was a common practice in the Middle Ages for people to sprinkle their vegetable gardens with holy water. In times when people were very dependent on crops for their livelihood, lack of rain or early frosts could be devastating. Using holy water to bless and sanctify the plants that would be used for the family s sustenance showed their reliance on God s grace.
7. Bless the sick – If you know of any sick friends or family, then blessing them with holy water counts as a spiritual work of mercy. If you visit the sick in a hospital or nursing home, bless their living space with holy water as well and leave a holy water bottle with them as a comfort in their time of need. To read about documented miracles which occurred as a result of using Holy Water, click here.
8. Bless your pets – Many parishes on the feast of St. Francis of Assisi have a rite of blessing for pets. Pets are loved companions for individuals and families and often provide a great service to them, and even pets can be blessed with holy water because all creation belongs to God. This also applies to livestock and farm animals that provide labor, livelihood, and nourishment to humans.
A simple prayer to say when using Holy Water to keep your soul beautifully pure in God s sight is to make the sign of the cross and say, In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The Use of Holy Oil
In the New Testament the use of oil is documented, If anyone among you is sick, let him call the elders of the Church and let them pray over him anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. (James 5:15)
Oil symbolizes God s mercy and anointing is an embodiment of the grace of healing. Keep Holy Oil in your home to anoint those in your family with the sign of the cross in Holy Oil. This is usually applied to the forehead and is used for the same reasons as Holy Water is used.